countylibrary


County Library - 609 Caddo Street

This structure, among the oldest library buildings in Arkansas, is representatiive of early efforts by women to establish libraries in the state. Designed by architect Charles Thompson of Litlle Rock, the building was constructed by James Pullen and financed by the Women's Library Association. An oversized portico with Ionic columns marks the one-story brick structure's facade. Completed in 1903, this excellent example of early Twentieth Century institutional architecture in Arkansas was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.